Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Abstract: This collection contains documents about Cyrus Grandison Baldwin's involvement with water issues in the Pomona Valley and San Bernardino Mountains from 1897-1937.
Abstract The Bolsa Chica Collection comprises primarily the financial records of the six Bolsa Corporations, Bolsa Pacific, Bolsa Mesa, Bolsa Los Patos, Bolsa Laguna, Bolsa Huntington, and Bolsa Grande. All of the corporations are located in Southern California. There is additional information regarding land-lease agreements, oil and gas leases, and the history of the Bolsa Chica gun club.
Abstract This collection contains materials related to orange and citrus cultivation in California in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Items include advertisements, vendor guides, labor documents, photographs, artifacts relating to production and packing, and a sizable collection of souvenirs and products offered to tourists and consumers. Developed by author, researcher, and avid collector David Boulé, this collection contains many valuable resources relating to the California citrus industry,...
Abstract This is a collection of the personal papers of Marion Frances Chevalier and includes her financial statements, real estate transactions, personal photographs, and travel ephmera.
Dates: 1865 - 1983
Abstract: This collection of contains documents about water rights and water supply in California from 1930-1957 and two documents related to water use in New Mexico from 1925-1957.
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, reports, maps, plans, photographs, realia, and ephemera relating to the life and career of William L. Honnold (1866-1950), a pioneering American mining engineer in South Africa, who later became a major benefactor to the Claremont Colleges, and his wife, Caroline Burton (1868-1954). The collection documents in particular Honnold’s early career in the coal fields of Minnesota and gold fields of California; his activities in furthering the technique of...
Dates: 1842-1955.; Majority of material found within 1902 - 1950
Overview Correspondence, diaries, photographs, account books and journals, land and tax records, manuscripts, scrapbooks, notes, transcripts, reports, newspapers, clippings, promotional materials, and ephemera, relating to the family, life, career, and intellectual pursuits of Orange County, California, avocado rancher and historian William McPherson (1885-1964). Family papers document the McPhersons' settlement in Orange County in the 1870s, and their involvement in local agriculture, first in the...
Dates: 1664/65-1970.; Majority of material found within 1884 - 1945
Abstract: Historical account books of mining companies and businesses (1861-cira 1900), photograph album (circa 1890s-1940s, diary, correspondence, Meadows miscellany (1960s-1980s), Honnold Library Society (1973-1979).
Abstract: This collection of papers was assembled by Jeffry Pendergast. The Prendergast papers include documents about water rights and water supply in California from 1944-1962. Subjects include California Division of Water Resources, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, and the Areas/Counties of Origin. The area of origin statutes represent a legislative response in California to an absense of an effective for market pricing water.
- Subject: California, Southern -- History X
- Burton, Rollin Beach 2
- Holmes, H. H. 2
- McPherson, William 2
- Meadows, Don 2
- Prendergast, Jeffry Joseph 2
- Anglo American Corporation of South Africa, ltd. 1
- Baldwin, Cyrus Grandison 1
- Bolsa Corporations 1
- Calavo Growers of California 1
- California Avocado Society 1
- California Institute of Technology 1
- Chevalier, Marion Frances 1
- Claremont Colleges 1
- Commission for Relief in Belgium 1
- Consolidated Mines Selection Company 1
- Crane, Lydia 1
- Crispin, Egerton Lafayette, MD 1
- Garrison, Robert H. 1
- Honnold family 1
- Honnold, Caroline (Burton), Mrs. 1
- Honnold, Robert, Rev. 1
- Honnold, William L. (William Lincoln) 1
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 1
- Kehoe, Alice Beck 1
- Knox College (Galesburg, Ill.) 1
- McPherson Brothers 1
- McPherson family 1
- McPherson, Stephen 1
- Michigan College of Mines 1
- Michigan College of Mining and Technology 1
- Michigan Mining School 1
- Mudd, Harvey Seeley 1
- Mudd, Seeley Greenleaf 1
- Mudd, Seeley Wintersmith 1
- Nash, Jonathan, Captain 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous) 1
- Oppenheimer, Ernest, Sir 1
- Orange County Flood Control District 1
- Pomona College (Claremont, Calif.) 1
- San Gabriel Mission 1
- Scripps College 1
- Shipek, Florence Connolly 1
- Shipman, Charles Goodrich, MD 1
- Voorhis, Jerry 1
- Voorhis, Jerry Livingston 1
- Westrup, W. (William) 1
- Wetzlar, J. S. (Julius Sigismund) 1
- Wilcox, Alfred Henry 1 ∧ less